Permits to Work
Online Workers' Permits
Students may now download and fill out workers' permits from home. Follow the steps below to complete a permit:
- Students should click here to go to the Georgia Department of Labor Workers' Permit web page.
- Enter the student's Social Security Number and Date of Birth.
- Complete the student portion of the work permit.
- Print the work permit.
- Take it to the student's employer.
- The employer will complete their portion of the work permit.
- The student should return the permit to Mrs. Dascall, in the Counseling office to finish processing.
The Student will access the system by using the link listed above. The student must enter his/her Social Security Number and Date of Birth to begin a Work Permit. A student may start up to 5 permits. If less than 5 have been started, then after entering SSN and Date of Birth and submitting, a link will display to “Start New Permit”. The student will then enter the requested information and submit, confirm that the information is correct, and then make the final submission. A screen will display with a Minor Security Key. This key will be used by an employer to access the minor’s permit. This page also displays a link to print a Work Permit Data Sheet for the minor’s and employer’s information. The minor should print this form and take it to his/her employer to be completed and then return it to Mrs. Dascall, in the Counseling office to certify the permit.