Internship Coordinator & Partnership Program Support
678-518-6696 - counseling office
678-518-6693 - fax
Office: 5.141 G
The GSMST Internship Coordinator for the 9th grade Speaker Series and the 12th grade Senior Capstone Experience is Dr. Kerri Napoleon. Her contact information is:
678-518-6691 - office
678-518-6693 - fax
Office: 5.141 L
General Program Information
General Internship Placement Timeline
Here is a snapshot of the timline for placements within both the JFE and SCE programs. Information regarding JFE will be delivered to students in the spring of the sophomore year (May of the timline below). Information regarding SCE will be delivered to the students in the spring of the junior year and placements will begin in the summer before the senior year. Then, students will follow this placement timeline to acquire actual internships.
For more specific information regarding the internship process within each program, please see below.
Junior Fellowship Experience (11th Grade)
Spring of the 10th Grade Year:
- Parent Information Sesssion will take place on scheduled Curriculum Night. Please see school calendar for specific date.
- Guided Study Information Sessions for students, along with emails and announcements regarding Summer Opportunities, Summer enrollment directives, and Fall/11th Grade Spring Oprtions will take place in the month of March.
- Students may complete internships in either the summer before junior year, the fall of junior year, or the spring of junior year.
Additional JFE course information for students and parents is available through eCLASS. Please contact Ms. D'Antonio with any questions.
Senior Capstone Experience (12th Grade)
Spring of the 11th Grade Year:
- Parent Information Session will take place on scheduled Curriculum Night. Please see school calendar for specific date.
- Guided Student Information Sessions and Junior Class meeting, along with emails and announcements regarding SCE Pathways, will take place in the Months of February and March.
- Students will select intended SCE Pathway during registration process for 12th grade year. Please see school calendar for specific dates.
Summer before the 12th Grade Year:
- All SCE Students will attend a mandatory SCE Summer Session date during June and during July. These session will cover course requirements, pre-SCE information, and the placement process.
- Rounds of opportunities for placement through the school will begin in mid-July. Students should apply by the posted deadline. All students must secure an internship (either through the school or on their own) by the end of August.
- All students will complete internships during the senior year, beginning the first week of September and continuing until spring break.
The Senior Capstone syllabus is available for school year 2017-2018 on eCLASS. Please feel free to download and review the information. Contact Dr. Napoleon with any questions.
** SCE Summer Session 2018 **